Detmaster MPH - Metal Pinhole Detection System
Detmaster MPH system enables accurate pinhole, hole and edge crack detection as well as an optional width measurement feature.
The primary advantages of the Detmaster MPH system compared to the traditional pinhole gauges are:
- Measures pinholes from size 10 µm up to large holes with only one measurement system.
- Is able to detect additionally edge cracks from size 200 µm up
- Doesn't need any mechanical edge following units and edge masks because it includes active optical edge detection method.
- Ambient light doesn't interfere to the operation of the Detmaster MPH system because it includes frequency modulated light sources.
- Includes LED light sources, which have average lifetime of 290 years with constant light intensity.
- Doesn't include any component, which needs to be changed frequently. It is practically maintenance free system.
- Informs the position of each pinhole in MD (machine direction) with an accuracy of 1 mm and in CD (cross direction) with an accuracy of 8 mm.
- Enables categorisation of different size pinholes, holes and edge cracks to own size classes. The operator of the Detmaster MPH system may determine the range for each pinhole, hole and edge crack size class.
- Provides on a graphical user interface a coil report, which indicates location and size of each individual pinhole, hole and edge crack in a concerned coil.
- Can be pulled out of the line for verification and maintenance purposes with a roll out system automatically or manually without disturbing running of the process line.
- Comprises dynamic verification tools for easy system performance verification = motor controlled rotating disc including certified pinhole and hole samples simulating the actual production line speed.
- Measures optionally the width of the strip with an accuracy of ± 1 mm.
- Measures accurately pinholes with line speeds up to 2000 m/min.
Frequency modulated measurement method for pinhole detection.
Detmaster MPH 1200 at ETL6 line installation in CSN Brazil.